Monday, May 22, 2006

Wherein your author is finally tempted by cutting-edge fashion

I could seriously see myself getting a piercing for wearing glasses:

* Get pierced - an internally-threaded barbell that goes through the skin above the bridge of your nose
* Use a tabletop mill to cut the L-shaped metal pieces that screw onto the barbell
* Attach rare earth magnets to the glasses; these hold the glasses on.
* Don't get rid of the bridge pieces; they let the lenses sit on your nose and take the actual weight of the lenses.

I would have to wait until this is available for purchase... I'm totally not DIY enough for that. I also feel a bit paranoid about how a bridge piercing might interfere with microscopy. But if the magnet's strong enough this seems like an excellent compromise between glasses and contact lenses. And it looks great:

5 Comments:

At 23 May, 2006 14:51, Blogger Joe Dolson said...

Hey, Jon - just ran across your Flickr photos well curiously searching on "Macalester" and thus ran into your blog...how's it going? I'm living in Vienna, Austria, at the moment - but will be moving back to Saint Paul sometime this summer/fall - hope to see you and all the various other people I haven't seen in the years since leaving the Twin Cities some time!

Don't know about the glasses piercing thing though...not sure it's something I'd go for...

 
At 23 May, 2006 17:50, Blogger The Neurophile said...

Oh, wow!

Good to here from you. It's going quite well for me... yourself?

Look forward to seeing you in the fall.

 
At 23 May, 2006 17:57, Blogger The Neurophile said...

Oh, wow!

I still can't proofread!

"here" = "hear"

 
At 24 May, 2006 03:19, Blogger Joe Dolson said...

Hey, who needs to proofread a blog...let alone blog comments...right? It's going well - (life, the universe, everything), generally speaking. I've been totally self-supported now for almost a year, and I'm definitely sold on the self-employed thing.

 
At 26 July, 2017 03:18, Blogger Unknown said...

hermes belts for men
hermes belt
kobe shoes
adidas nmd runner
yeezy boost 350
links of london sale
adidas nmd r1
prada glasses
adidas neo
nike air force 1

 

Post a Comment

Send Haloscan trackback ping

<< Home

Academics Blog Top Sites