Friday, May 19, 2006

28 Candles

So it's my birthday today. When I think back to everything I intended to accomplish a year ago... well, mostly I wish I'd written it down. But hey: I graduated from college (again), got the first job I've ever thought I'd really like, and am still sane. That's a pretty good start, I suppose. More than most years.

Anyways, please feel free to shower me with congratulations, fawning and adulation below. You'll feel much better for having gotten it off your chest.

Birthdays I share:
Johns Hopkins, 1795
Ho Chi Minh, 1890
Malcolm X, 1925
Pol Pot, 1925
Nora Ephron, 1941
Andre the Giant, 1946
Grace Jones, 1948
JOEY RAMONE, 1951
KEVEN GARNETT, 1976

Is there anyone out there born on the 17th willing to swap Idi Amin for Pol Pot? I'm sure historians would never notice...

Deathdays:
Anne Boleyn, 1536
Miyamoto Musashi (really the only reason I bothered with this list), 1645
TE Lawrence, 1935

Finally, although it's not JFK's birthday; it IS the anniversary of Marilyn Monroe singing, "Happy Birthday, Mr. President," which is pretty awesome.

4 Comments:

At 21 May, 2006 07:26, Blogger psique said...

"Happy (belated) Birthday, Mr. Neurophile,"

:)

 
At 22 May, 2006 03:28, Blogger JL said...

Happy Birthday!

But just out of curiosity: How much time do you spend on the internet looking up these things? :-)

 
At 22 May, 2006 17:28, Blogger The Neurophile said...

Thanks to both of you.

jl:
Far too much in general, obviously. However, on this instance I just happened to look at thewiki page for May 19 during a break at work, and assembled the list as a highlights reel.

 
At 26 July, 2017 03:16, Blogger Unknown said...

air yeezy
chrome hearts online
yeezy boost 350
air jordan shoes
nike roshe run
yeezy boost
michael kors outlet
adidas stan smith
nike roshe uk
jordan shoes

 

Post a Comment

Send Haloscan trackback ping

<< Home

Academics Blog Top Sites