Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Maybe I should think about plastics

I'm starting to wonder a bit if this job is for me... I just spent a good fifteen minutes trying to remember the equation for plotting a circle. Succeeding in that, I realized that the reason I was getting crazy bizarre results is that I'd forgotten how to include the radius as a variable.

Of course, each time I spent about five minutes trying to figure out the craziest result I could get from inputting different radii.

Sigh.

Having to teach myself all the MATLAB stuff that's actually useful would be enough work without being haunted by shades of forgotten geometry.

EDIT: No, I was attempting to include the radius correctly. I was just failing in practice, giving me a circle defined by x = r*cos(theta) and y = sin(r*theta). Which, as I'm sure you can imagine, is wrong.

Doh.

Academics Blog Top Sites