Friday, May 26, 2006

Breaking News

Breaking news: CNN's front-page banner is reporting that shots were fired in the Capitol building. They're apparently reporting on it on CNN Pipeline, but I'm too cheap to pay money to just find out about somebody maybe shooting a Congressperson. Anyways, more as it develops--unless I get as lost in math as I got yesterday.

EDIT: Story now up. Hopefully updates will be visible here as time goes on.

10:34 AM EDIT: Article updated. Now contains the most informative quote of all time:

He noted that Capitol Police have a firing range in the basement, but a congressional source said the shots were not heard from that level.


Yes. There's a firing range in the basement of the capitol building. I think we can all rest a little better at night for that knowledge.

11:17 AM EDIT: It's slowly becoming quite clear that nothing is going on.

Which is sort of sad, really. As it's quite boring here, with me and my arcs. And my laptop lagging out while trying to detect printers on the network.

Academics Blog Top Sites