Thursday, June 08, 2006

Quick thoughts on game 1 of the NBA Finals

It was less reDirkulous than I'd hoped, although he more than made up for it for that clock shot at the end of the first half. Jason Terry was really the star of the night, although we hope that will be a rotating position with the Mavericks.

Highlight reel moments? I wasn't really paying enough attention to note them, but a few off the top of my head:
--the Dirk shot above
--Terry missing the layup, and thus cursing his teem.
--the Terry three-point montage
--the Shaq attempted murder montage. They'll never show this, but come on: Shaq opens by nearly falling into the camera pit, which could easily taken out... all of the camerafolks. Shaq nearly breaking Dirk's jaw. Shaq nearly breaking someone's nose (I can't remember who at the moment). Shaq bumping into someone and hurling them into the stands with such force I thought he was going for a home run. I don't think he's doing this on purpose, he's just big and clumsy.
--And what reel would be complete without a montage of Shaq missing his free throws? I don't care what the books say: you and I know that for a brief moment, Shaq was at his new all-time NBA low.

Ads: go here and click on the "clinking bottles" video in the appropriate section. I'm trying to decide if it's horribly homophobic or they're just trying to have it both ways. I'd ask for opinions, but between our hiatus and the break-neck shift in topic from the usual I'd be surprised if anyone's successfully read this far.

Peace out.

Academics Blog Top Sites