Friday, May 12, 2006

I'm sorry, but we've already filled our opening for "Stupidest Person on the Planet."

Excerpts from the Portable Diebold.

Computer scientists who have studied the vulnerability say the flaw might allow someone with brief access to a voting machine and with knowledge of computer code to tamper with the machine's software, and even, potentially, to spread malicious code to other parts of the voting system...

..."For there to be a problem here, you're basically assuming a premise where you have some evil and nefarious election officials who would sneak in and introduce a piece of software," he said. "I don't believe these evil elections people exist."
(emphasis mine - JME)

Yes, you heard it here: Diebold is producing election equipment under the stated operating approach that no one would ever try to steal an election. That is so head-smackingly stupid that I really don't think I can say anything further. I mean, I could stutter for a while. And maybe swear a bunch. But that's about it.

(thanks to Political Animal)

Academics Blog Top Sites