Friday, May 12, 2006

The Old World Dies; And With It, The Old Ways

So... I'm done. Done with finals, done with my second undergrad. As of tomorrow, I should be the official owner of a BS in Neuroscience, and can officially start walking around and insist people refer to me by my title, Bachelors Ehrich. Yes, I'm THAT guy.

There's a bit of a weird anti-climactic feeling to all of it. Another 3.5 years of school, obsessing over school work 11 months out of every year, and then eventually I have to get up WAY too early in the morning (last final was at 8:00 AM... in St. Paul), and on the bus ride home it occurs to me, "Huh. I guess I won't have to do this again for a while." I guess it'll sink in eventually; but at the moment, it feels like more of an accomplishment just for having gotten through this week.

And on that note, I would like to thank the following musicians & albums for having provided studying music throughout the week:

- Datacide II
- You Are Here
Cibelle - About a Girl & The Shine of Dried Electric Leaves
DaKAH Hip Hop Orchestra - Unfinished Symphony
- Calling Up Spirits
- Deep Space & Fly
- Extended Play
Mylene Pires - Mylene

And also the following albums for giving me the energy to keep going:
- Sinsation
- Master of Puppets
- 21st Century Jesus
- Electric Religion

Celebration? Dick Dale show tonite, that's for sure. Combined with the Ice Cube show last week, this is already the best month for music in around a year.

5 Comments:

At 13 May, 2006 05:37, Blogger JL said...

Congrats for finishing, I hope all went well. If you ever consider going to Europe for a PhD, our institute has to application rounds per year :-)

 
At 13 May, 2006 05:38, Blogger JL said...

Of course I meant "two", damn typos...

 
At 13 May, 2006 10:07, Blogger The Neurophile said...

So which institute would that be?

Many thanks regardless.

 
At 14 May, 2006 13:42, Blogger JL said...

I am at the Friedrich Miescher Institute in Basel (www.fmi.ch).

 
At 16 May, 2018 02:53, Blogger Unknown said...

nike air huarache
michael kors outlet
off white nike
nike shoes
oakley sunglasses wholesale
cleveland cavaliers
coach outlet
canada goose jackets
cheap jordans
rayban sunglasses

 

Post a Comment

Send Haloscan trackback ping

<< Home

Academics Blog Top Sites