Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Quirks & Quarks on Brains Both Bat & Human

I'm an unabashed fan of the CBC show Quirks and Quarks, although I often don't have the time to set aside to listen to it each week. But when I have a particularly long night ahead of me at the lab, I'll often find an interesting recent episode to listen to while I'm cleaning up. Tonight I discovered that I'd somehow missed this great episode over break.

The pieces:

--Dr. Kathleen Martin Ginis of McMaster University explains how exercise impacts body image in both men & women.

--Dr. Jack Rink, also of McMaster University, talks about giant apes.

--Dr. Scott Pitnick of Syracuse University talks about the inverse relationship in the size of bat brains and bat testicles.

--And finally, Dr. Brenda Milner talks about her groundbreaking research demonstrating the existence of separate neural pathways for motor learning and conscious memory.

Every single one is awesome. You should definitely check it out if you have time.

1 Comments:

At 14 October, 2009 00:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is quite possible that Dr.Pitnick does his research on the relationship of brain size to testicle size in a rather desperate attempt to show why with his large head and brain, his um... you know what is sorely lacking in size.

 

Post a Comment

Send Haloscan trackback ping

<< Home

Academics Blog Top Sites