Thursday, June 28, 2007

Phase 1: Poster Presentation: Conquered

I did my big presentation of the project I've been working on for the last year (aka: since I joined the lab) today. It went pretty well, although I had a surprisingly large number of points where I went, "Why does this slide have this title/chart combination? This chart totally doesn't prove that point!"

Sigh.

Other than that, it seemed to go pretty well. We've already figured out the basics of what charts and pictures are going to get turned into figures for the poster (the poster being phase 2, and phase 3 being the complete destruction of the city, or maybe a paper instead. We'll see how we feel once we get that far. But the current step is figuring out how to convert all of the figures from Excel or R to Illustrator, since apparently I'm the only person in the lab who has ever used Excel or R to create charts.

Seriously. Apparently everyone else uses Matlab or LabView for chart generation.

WTF?

Labels: , , , , ,

Academics Blog Top Sites