Friday, April 28, 2006

Friday Random Ten: 28 April 2006

Actually, I started listening to this, and then they put Johnny Cash on at the coffee shop. And you can't deny the man in black: I am sure you all understand the universal truth in this statement. So the moral of the story? This is all a horrible, horrible lie:

1. DJ Spooky and Dave Lombardo - The Art Of War (Back To The Lab) (from Drums of Death)
2. DJ? Acucrack - Scaldron (from Mako vs. Geist)
3. Wyclef Jean - Bay Micro'm Volume (from Welcome to Haiti Creole 101)
4. Goblin - Wampyr (finale) (from The Goblin Collection)
5. Spahn Ranch - Dubnosis (from Beat Noir)
6. Jello Biafra & the Melvins - Caped Crusader (from Never Breathe What You Can't See)
7. RL Burnside - Back Luck City (from Wish I Was in Heaven Sitting Down)
8. Dead Kennedys - Hellnation (from Frankenchrist)
9. Ella Fitzgerald with The Day Dreamers - That Old Feeling (from Ella Fitzgerald Disc 1: With Friends 1936-1950)
10. Midival Punditz - Kesariya (from Midival Times)

Breaking News: a war protest march just went by. At least, I assume it was a war protest. For all of a half a minute, they were chanting "What do we want? Peace! When do we want it? Now!" Or at least, I heard people chanting "Peace! Now!" and sort of filled in the rest. The rest of the time, they were chanting "The people! United! Will never be defeated!" Which I've never thought was a very good march chant, because it sort of lacks useful meaning in that situation. But that's just me...

It was still rather heartening to see it occurring, even if it was a bit anemic-looking. Not that I got up and joined them; which sort of destroys my ability to criticize, I must admit.

Academics Blog Top Sites