Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A little Linkblogging

Ugh... I've got such a headache. I think I'd spend the day on the couch pretending I'll be productive at any moment if it weren't for the review session for Friday's Cell Bio midterm...

Anyways, the HD's still messed up but I was able to recover most of the data. I'll try to get it in for the manufacturer's warranty by the end of this week, and hopefully be back up to normal posting rates during Spring Break next week. We shall see...

First off, The Scientist"s Glenn McGee gives us the rundown on the NIH budget cuts--the first in 30 years. I am reminded of my response to Bush framing himself as the "Science President" in the SotU:

If Bush is seriously trying to reshape himself as the Science President, I would have to hope it goes better than his attempts to become the Education President, the Balanced Budget President, the Wartime President, or even the No-Dependency-on-Foreign-Oil President. As a research scientist, I'm sort of worried at his decision to help out our field. Based on administrative incompetence to date, I fear he could run us into the ground.

Secondly, I thought I'd point out that next week is Brain Awareness Week. I'm gonna try and put together some special treats for you guys (yes, BRAIN COOKIES!), and I'll keep an eye out for extra goodies from the rest of blogistan.

Actually, that all is it for now. I know, I'm boring this week. We'll get you some more action soon.

Academics Blog Top Sites